Saturday, September 27, 2008

And the turkeys cheered


When the kids were younger, we would always have a very non-traditional Thanksgiving.  We would have folks come who didn't have close family so we could all hang out together.  And we didn't have a 'normal' Thanksgiving meal.  Some of those things can make a person even more homesick.  So instead, we'd do a theme - Italian - Chinese - Mexican....

I've really missed those meals together with friends.  So this year, after talking with a few people at our church, I think this is the perfect time to bring this tradition back to life.  We'll decide more details later, it's just really neat to know that we're going to pursue it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for all of us and I'm looking forward to seeing who He brings.!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Longview, Texas
In the autumn of my life, I am very content.

Followers